September 18th, 2016
First blog post for my newly created website! I’m glad to have my website up and officially running! Getting the domain name figured out was a little bit trickier than I anticipated, but hey, it’s up and running now, so I’m happy! In the future I will definitely add some more features, but for right now, I’m overall satisfied with how it turned out.
So tomorrow, I officially start attending Academy Pittsburgh. In the past, I have made attempts to try to blog about my coding journey, but I never really stuck with it. I’m going to make it my goal, however, to keep consistent with it. Even if my posts aren’t as frequent as I’d like them to be, even if it’s just a little post here in there, I think it’s really important to help keep a record. I think it will definitely help me keep a record of how I progress over time.
Most of this past week was spent getting my website up and running, updating my portfolio and what not, but now awaits the task of really diving into some programming fundamentals. I can’t deny that I’m a little nervous.
Here are some thoughts running through my mind:
- How am I going to pay attention 8 hours a day in class?!?! I’m a pretty focused person when I want to be but 8 hours a day?! Yikes.
- Sleep. God, I hope I don’t fall asleep in class. I really need to get on a better schedule no more staying up past midnight for me over these next 12 weeks.
- Parking. No matter how much I parallel park in Pittsburgh, it still freaks me out. Especially since I might have to parallel park on a hill!
- Will people like me? Will people notice how nervous I am the first day?
- Am I gonna fall behind in class? Will I be able to keep up with the workload? I’m a hard worker and eager to learn but I hope I’m not too overwhelmed most of the time.
- Rush hour. Not looking forward to it. Especially with the Liberty Bridge being off limits until further notice.
- I really hope my parents’ PC is going to be enough to get me through the C# section. It’s a little bit… out-dated, to say the least.
There’s plenty more, but that’s the gist of it for right now. I’m going to go download Visual Studio on it right now and hope that process isn’t too painful. Wish me luck tomorrow!